Dungeons and Dragons Flashback 2... James Dallas Egbert III

As I mentioned in a previous post, once upon a time there was a lot of controversy surrounding Dungeons and Dragons. James Dallas Egbert III was at the center of one such story about a young, brilliant teen lost in steam tunnels during a "real life" game of D&D (and yes, this was the inspiration for the novel and movie "Mazes and Monsters").

While I was a young boy at the time, I have no memories of when the disappearance of James Dallas Egbert III happened. Years later, before I started playing D&D, I read The Dungeon Master, a book about the incident from the private detective the family hired to investigate James' disappearance.

This year marks the 30th anniversary of his disappearance. For the full story, check out this link from GeekSix.com

Popular posts from this blog

Character Sheet for New Players / Kid Players

A Different Keep on the Borderlands - Part 3

DM Tool - Free Web Tokens