When Gangsta meets D&D

"Ice-T records D&D Audiobook"

When I first read this, I had to double check that I wasn't on The Onion. In fact I went to several different sources and even listened to the Ice-T podcast to confirm at least his claim of having recorded a D&D book for Audible.

In the podcast, he claims it was a short story, which actually sounds plausible. Various anthology collections (Steven King coming first to mind) will use different narrators for each story.

I tried to follow up with Audible Customer Service, but they had no details on what book or short story he recorded or when such a product might be available.

If this is true, and actually gets released, I look forward to hear it (I think).

File this in the Strange but True (for Now) category.

Update: 8/12/2014
Seems this story is true. Ice-T's contribution is part of a short story anthology (as I originally suspected) called the Legend of Drizzt. Here's a link to the audiobook on Audible.

Note for a short time, the book is free, so head over and download all the free stories. In addition to a story read by Ice-T, the collection also includes stories by Felicia Day, Dan Harmon, Greg Grunberg, Tom Felton, Danny Pudi, Sean Astin, Melissa Rauch, Wil Wheaton, Al Yankovic, Michael Chiklis, and David Duchovny.

Popular posts from this blog

Character Sheet for New Players / Kid Players

A Different Keep on the Borderlands - Part 3

DM Tool - Free Web Tokens